Working at Anchor:
- Positive workplace culture
- Immediate access to salary packaging
- Free on-site parking, on-site child care, café and health and wellbeing services
- Corporate leave over the Christmas period
- Quality supervision and professional development opportunities in addition to our core competency staff training program
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Flexibility that aims to achieve a positive life balance for all staff
- An inclusive organisation that works with a diverse population within our client base, stakeholders and staff
Anchor Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s eastern region. Services include homelessness support, foster care, kinship care, community education and family reconciliation.
Out of Home Care Transport and Carer Support Volunteer
Our kinship and foster carers are also volunteers within the agency and open their home to children and young people in need whilst sharing their family and giving up their time to ensure they have a safe and nurturing home. This can sometimes create significant challenges that require assistance for transport and other support.
Key activities for this position include (all or as opted by Volunteer):
- Providing safe transport of children and young people in care to school, appointments and other locations.
- Provide in home support to carers assisting with supervised care of children and young people
- Assist carers with practical home help eg. Gardening and basic cleaning
- Further information can be found in the position description here: Out of Home Care Transport and Carer Support
Volunteer applicants can address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description and send a covering letter and resume to:
The CEO Anchor Inc. 44 Lakeview Drive Scoresby VIC 3179
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the ways we partner with our community is by offering work experience and placements to students.
If you’re currently studying a relevant course and would like to find out more about how we could support you, please contact us.