Be part of something that matters
Job opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
Anchor is an equal opportunity workplace. We encourage applications from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Team Leader – Youth Development Services
$78,743 – $82,393 plus Super plus Leave Loading per annum (1.0 EFT)
Anchor is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s outer eastern region. We support people to get back on track and help them thrive.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Team Leader to work with a dynamic and highly motivated team at Anchor.
Are you creative with strong group facilitation skills? Are you someone that does not give up easily?
Do you enjoy working with young people?
This position involves hands on involvement with our young people including young mothers, as you guide the team and enable our clients to achieve their own unique aspirations.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual who is committed to making our community a better place in which all young people can thrive.
The right candidate will have
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in providing support and development services to vulnerable young people, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level
- Capacity to lead, motivate, develop, monitor and support program staff
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues involved in working with people experiencing homelessness and associated health and social issues
- Knowledge of and an ability to access a range of relevant community and government resources
- High Level presentation and group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively engage with a wide range of stakeholders
The competitive salary offered also includes access to immediate salary packaging.
A position description which includes key selection criteria can be found here: 20180912 Team Leader YDS
Applicants must provide responses to the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description with their application along with a covering letter and resume to:
44 Lakeview Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, Monday 29th October 2018
It is expected that suitable candidates will be available for interview between 7th to 9th November 2018
Applications that do not provide responses to the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Peter Dinsdale on 9738 7003 or 0409 403 662
Anchor’s commitment to staff :
- A competitive salary is offered with salary packaging available.
- Anchor is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes employees of different ages, gender and ethnicity.
- We work with a diverse population, both within our client base, stakeholders and staff.
- As an Employer of Choice, we value flexibility within the work place, such as balance with home life and family responsibilities.
- We are a Learning Organisation and value both supporting the community to learn through our Student Placement Program, and through our Core Competency Training for staff.
- We seek to explore your motivation for success within the field, and how we can work to achieve this with you.
- We are a Child Safe Organisation
Anchor Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s outer eastern region. Services include homelessness support, foster care, kinship care, community education and family reconciliation.
Anchor currently has the following volunteer opportunities to help make a difference in the community
Out of Home Care Transport and Carer Support Volunteer
Our kinship and foster carers are also volunteers within the agency and open their home to children and young people in need whilst sharing their family and giving up their time to ensure they have a safe and nurturing home. This can sometimes create significant challenges that require assistance for transport and other support.
Key activities for this position include (all or as opted by Volunteer):
- Providing safe transport of children and young people in care to school, appointments and other locations.
- Provide in home support to carers assisting with supervised care of children and young people
- Assist carers with practical home help eg. Gardening and basic cleaning
Further information can be found in the position description here:Out of Home Care Transport and Carer Support
Volunteer applicants can address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description and send a covering letter and resume to:
44 Lakeview Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179
or email to: email@example.com