Be part of something that matters
Job opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
Anchor is an equal opportunity workplace. We encourage applications from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Coordinator – Strategic Projects. Full Time or 4 days per week, 12 month contract. Salary Package $103,000 including Super.
Anchor is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s outer eastern region. We support people to get back on track and help them thrive.
This role over a period of 12 months will assist the CEO and Senior Managers to deliver a range of strategic projects, critical to the future success of Anchor. These include:
- Delivery of a five (5) villa unit accommodation project for people with disabilities to be funded under the NDIS in the Shire of Yarra Ranges.
- Co-ordination of and contribution to organisational effort in systems improvement (Planning, Information Management, Workforce Capacity)
- Developing and implementing of a number of critical projects/activities relating to Anchor’s 2018-2021 Strategic Plan
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Degree Qualification at minimum in related field and 5+ years’ experience in similar roles.
- Demonstrated Project Co-ordination within a health, community services or government environment.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire an understanding of business operations, organisational context and stakeholders and their involvement in a compressed period of time.
- Demonstrated experience in use of project management tools and ability to construct simple methodologies for use in a non-technical environment.
- Understanding of financial controls in a not for profit environment
- Previous experience in a Quality Assurance or Business Improvement environment.
- High level computer literacy and ability to work within varied IT platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of embedding projects, activities and business improvements within an organization.
- A high level of verbal and written communication, analytical and conceptual skills and attention to detail
The competitive salary package on offer also includes access to immediate salary packaging.
A position description which includes key selection criteria can be found here: 20180725 Co-ordinator Strategic Projects
Applicants must provide responses to the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description with their application along with a covering letter and resume to:
44 Lakeview Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179
or email to: email@example.com by 9am, Monday 20th August 2018
This is position will be primarily located at our Scoresby site. It is expected that suitable candidates will be available for interview on the week commencing Monday 03rd September 2018.
Applications that do not provide responses to the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Heidi Tucker – CEO on 03 8761 9040
Coming to work at Anchor:
- A competitive salary is offered with salary packaging available.
- Anchor is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes employees of different ages, gender and ethnicity.
- We work with a diverse population, both within our client base, stakeholders and staff.
- As an Employer of Choice, we value flexibility within the work place, such as balance with home life and family responsibilities.
- We are a Learning Organisation and value both supporting the community to learn through our Student Placement Program, and through our Core Competency Training for staff.
- We seek to explore your motivation for success within the field, and how we can work to achieve this with you.
- We are a Child Safe Organisation
Anchor Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s outer eastern region. Services include homelessness support, foster care, kinship care, community education and family reconciliation.
Anchor currently has the following volunteer opportunities to help make a difference in the community
Out of Home Care Transport and Carer Support Volunteer
Our kinship and foster carers are also volunteers within the agency and open their home to children and young people in need whilst sharing their family and giving up their time to ensure they have a safe and nurturing home. This can sometimes create significant challenges that require assistance for transport and other support.
Key activities for this position include (all or as opted by Volunteer):
- Providing safe transport of children and young people in care to school, appointments and other locations.
- Provide in home support to carers assisting with supervised care of children and young people
- Assist carers with practical home help eg. Gardening and basic cleaning
Further information can be found in the position description here:Out of Home Care Transport and Carer Support
Volunteer applicants can address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description and send a covering letter and resume to:
44 Lakeview Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org