Be part of something that matters
Job opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
Anchor is an equal opportunity workplace. We encourage applications from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Anchor currently has the below vacancy:
Team Leader – Transitional Support
Permanent position (0.8 or 1.0 EFT)
Anchor Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s outer eastern region. Services include homelessness support, foster care, kinship care, community education and family reconciliation. Anchor has developed innovative programs informed by research and has worked in partnership with Swinburne University, OzChild and Baptcare on research projects as part of its evidence based approach to service delivery.
Anchor is seeking an experienced Team Leader for our Transitional Support program. This role requires a highly motivated individual with a sophisticated practice background who has the ability to lead and supervise a team of case managers. Experience working with clients with multiple and complex needs using a trauma informed approach would be advantageous.
You will be part of a successful program that provides case management and outreach support to individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Join a cohesive team and be part of an organisation that values Empowerment, Diversity and Excellence.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Effectively leading, supporting, supervising and developing staff in the Transitional Support and A Place to Call Home programs.
- Monitoring and reporting on client outcomes and funded targets.
- Assisting in the further development of new programs and initiatives.
- Professionally representing Anchor at forums, community events and at meetings.
- Adhering to Anchor’s values, frameworks, policies and procedures and its Housing and Support Services’ Practice Standards.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology or related discipline.
- Team leader/Supervision experience in the provision of welfare services
- An understanding of the complex nature of homelessness and family violence and how it impacts on families and children.
- A thorough understanding of referral pathways and current support networks in the homeless sector and how to navigate these to achieve desired outcomes.
- Highly developed inter-personal and conflict resolution skills.
A competitive salary is offered which includes immediate salary packaging.
A position description which includes remuneration and key selection criteria can be found here: 20180105 Team Leader Transitional Support Services
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description and send a covering letter and resume to:
44 Lakeview Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Monday 23rd April 2018
This position is located at our Lilydale site which is situated within the Lakeside Campus of Box Hill Institute. It is expected that suitable candidates will be available for interview on the week commencing Monday 30th April 2018.
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For enquiries, please contact Mark Lamont, Manager – Housing Support and Development or Jay Church, Team Leader – Housing and Support Services on 03 9760 6400.
Coming to work at Anchor:
- A competitive salary is offered with salary packaging available.
- Anchor is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes employees of different ages, gender and ethnicity.
- We work with a diverse population, both within our client base, stakeholders and staff.
- As an Employer of Choice, we value flexibility within the work place, such as balance with home life and family responsibilities.
- We are a Learning Organisation and value both supporting the community to learn through our Student Placement Program, and through our Core Competency Training for staff.
- We seek to explore your motivation for success within the field, and how we can work to achieve this with you.
- We are a Child Safe Organisation