Be part of something that matters
Job opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
Anchor is an equal opportunity workplace. We encourage applications from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
TEAM LEADER HOME BASED CARE (0.8-1.0EFT, 12 month contract)
Anchor is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s outer eastern region. We support people to get back on track and help them thrive.
Due to growth within our Home Based Care Programme, an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and strategic Home Based Care Team Leader to join our Child and Family team, on a 0.8 – 1.0EFT basis for a contract term of 12 months.
- Do you have experience managing and leading case managers and carers in a Foster Care setting; ensuring provision of high level support and guidance, including facilitation and representation of their views within service programs and across all aspects of planning?
- Do you possess a sound understanding of broader sector reforms and how these may influence program and service system development?
- Are you someone with a thorough awareness of the issues related to the placement of children in alternate family care, including permanency and stability planning principles, trauma theory, brain development, attachment, resilience and abuse, and therapeutic parenting, which can be appropriately utilised in a supervision context?
- Do you have highly developed practice wisdom, including a strong awareness of how your personal values impact your perception of birth families, children and young people in care and or foster carers?
- Are you able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the principles and theory of child protection and how the legislative framework governs practice and primary intervention with families?
- Are you passionate about influencing a culture of possibility with the capability to think outside the square and develop, in conjunction with all key stakeholders, a creative and flexible approach to meeting the needs of clients and carers?
- Are you someone who possesses a positive, ‘can do’ attitude with a passion for driving cultural awareness and safety for all clients, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; other CALD groups and clients who identify as LGBTQI?
- Are you able to prioritise continuous quality improvement at the same time as managing day to day program demands?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must provide responses to the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description with their application together with a covering letter and resume to:
44 Lakeview Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, Monday 1st July 2019
A position description which includes key selection criteria can be found here: 20190613 Team Leader Home Based Care_12 month contract
Please note that applications that do not provide responses to the Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Nicky Anderson, Manager Child and Family on 8761 9040.
Coming to work at Anchor:
- Positive workplace culture
- Immediate access to salary packaging
- Free on-site parking, plus on-site child care, gymnasium, café and health and wellbeing services
- Corporate leave over the Christmas period
- Quality supervision and professional development opportunities in addition to our core competency staff training program
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Flexibility that aims to achieve a positive life balance for all staff
- An inclusive organisation that works with a diverse population within our client base, stakeholders and staff
Anchor Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a proud history of providing support to individuals and families in Melbourne’s eastern region. Services include homelessness support, foster care, kinship care, community education and family reconciliation.
Anchor currently has the following volunteer opportunities to help make a difference in the community
Out of Home Care Transport and Carer Support Volunteer
Our kinship and foster carers are also volunteers within the agency and open their home to children and young people in need whilst sharing their family and giving up their time to ensure they have a safe and nurturing home. This can sometimes create significant challenges that require assistance for transport and other support.
Key activities for this position include (all or as opted by Volunteer):
- Providing safe transport of children and young people in care to school, appointments and other locations.
- Provide in home support to carers assisting with supervised care of children and young people
- Assist carers with practical home help eg. Gardening and basic cleaning
Further information can be found in the position description here:Out of Home Care Transport and Carer Support
Volunteer applicants can address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description and send a covering letter and resume to:
44 Lakeview Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179
or email to: email@example.com